In 1999, the GSA Heartland Region began a renovation project to modernize the 1965 Bolling Building located in downtown Kansas City. After completion in 2014, all 18 floors now have new energy-efficient workspaces, enhanced security features, and new lobby areas.
The project has been phased with work beginning in 2002. A new entryway and streetscape has been created, ACM abatement, structural, mechanical and electrical improvements have followed. Tenant finish has included upgrades and modernization of conference facilities and open offices.
- International Interior Design Association Mid-America - Healthcare & Assisted Living-Gold Award for the Federal Occupational Health Clinic - 2011
- International Interior Design Association Mid-America - Government-Gold Award for the US Army Corps of Engineers - 2011
- General Services Administration - GSA Design Awards 2008 Modernization - 2008
- Iowa Architect Magazine - Central States Region Merit Award - 2005
- Social Security Administration - Outstanding Design - 2005
- General Services Administration - Design Excellence Award - 2004
- General Services Administration - First Impressions Citation - 2004
- AIA Kansas City Chapter - Allied Arts & Craftsmanship Award-First Impressions - 2003