JE Dunn provided construction services for the restoration of Jones Hall, a three-story classroom facility built in 1905. The project incorporates updating the structure to meet current ADA guidelines with an elevator addition from the existing ground to second floors, and a new tunnel addition connecting Jones Hall to Williamson Hall.
The restored brick and terracotta façade incorporates new precast parapet details that match the original structure, and new windows throughout the building. The skylight and roof are replaced and the interior remodeled with care to maintain the existing clay arch structure and plaster walls. New access flooring houses the mechanical system on the ground and first level to maintain the ceiling aesthetic.
The monumental stair is refurbished and restored, with details recreated by salvaging members of the former wood roof structure to create replicated historic frames, trim and moldings.